Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fish a plenty......just catch one

It is now some 10 years since I first meet Tk at Soweto Kliptown Youth. As he reluctantly volunteered to take me on a tour of the Soweto township, his stamma controlling his life and his destiny.
There was a quality in this young boy, that demanded an opportunity, and it was upon my return to Australia I remake contact and his life and mine changed for ever.
I proudly watch his progress, from completing the Landmark Forum in Cape Town as the only black man, his Tourism certification, his travel to Australia to learn business development, recycling, spend time with the Sunnycliffs primary School students and now his own business Ntokozo TKD Dube Tours, I see a young man finally reaching his fullest potential.
That is worth taking a risk to "feed and educate a man...as he now feed and educate thousands......"

No comments: